Friday, May 7, 2010

Ubuntu 10.04, A Retrospective

After playing with Ubuntu 10.04 for about a week, I've decided to write a follow up article. It seems that the extremely fast boot time was merely a one-off thing. I am more or less booting at the same speed as I was with Ubuntu 9.10 now. My Wifi connectivity became flaky and completely useless as soon as I upgraded, even after performing several "Fixes" for my problem.
  Now that I've got all the negative thoughts out there, I have many good things to say! The ease of use and stability of the operating system have not been compromised, nor has the overall shininess. In fact, it appears that the eye candy has been upgraded without much performance compromise. Suffice it to say, I still like it!
Side note: Ads i was writing this article, the update manager popped up, giving me the required driver updates to fix my wifi. Okay, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment